Sunday, November 6, 2011

Shimmy Shimmy Cocoa what?

I went out to dinner with a few friends Friday.  For dessert, one of them, Blair, ordered an IRN-BRU float. IRN-BRU is a Scottish soda that is like Fanta, Sunkist, bubble gum flavoured fizzy drink. Imagine a watered down Sunkist.

The float was good.  was it the ice cream though? I have no idea. I haven't  heard the greatest things about IRN-BRU, but I am going to drink it straight to see how bad it actually is.


You would think with a name like IRN-BRU it would be an energy drink,  but its just a soda.

Dates are written day, then month, then year.  Its something that I am definitely not used to yet.  In fact, up until last night it was an everyday annoyance.  What happened last night to change my mind, you ask?  My friend Lizzie put it in perspective.  The day is the smallest unit, so why wouldn't it come first?  Makes sense right? I still think that because every month has the same day units, month first helps identify the date easier, but the UK version at least makes sense now.


As I said yesterday was Guy Fawkes day, we went down to the beach and set off fireworks.  We then went to a "club/pub" called Lizard.  The name is so skeevy.  So is the inside.  Old men looking at wasted undergrads dancing.  The floor lit up, which was fun.  I was in a thick argyle jumper (sweater).  I was NOT thinking we would end up there, so I clearly was not dressed for a sweaty nightclub.  It was really quite fun though.  Not naming names, but a few of "us" are dance machines.  Amazing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment